Tsipras to Mitsotakis: Stop blaming the unvaccinated for the worsening pandemic
SYRIZA-Progressive Alliance leader Alexis Tsipras slammed Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis and his Thursday evening announcements on banning unvaccinated adults from public venues.
He also called for the resignation of the country’s health minister.
The main opposition party leader charged Mitsotakis with what he called a failed management of the pandemic, and added that the Greek prime minister “manages the coronavirus pandemic only by way of live, televised addresses to the nation.”
“The number of COVID-19 fatalities per week equals an entire village,” Tsipras said, and he presented his proposals for a more effective management of the pandemic:
– Full requisition of private clinics and military hospitals.
– Mobile health units that can inoculate people door-to-door.
– Stop blaming unvaccinated people for the worsening pandemic.
– Broader inoculation of people in the police and in the army.
– Mass free tests for all, including both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.
– Immediate hiring for doctors, nurses.
– Immediate hiring of more teachers so that classrooms can decongest.
– Bring back telework in both the public and private sectors.
“There is still time to save human lives,” Tsipras noted, and continued: “But if Mitsotakis continues to deny reality (…) then maybe he could step aside and make way for those that can do this.”